Monday, September 1, 2014

Labor Day

Today did not go how I had envisioned, but it has been a good day. 

Since BJ is starting a new job next week, his vacation/ PTO status is changing, so he had to use some days up or he would lose them. He applied for and got this week off, so I thought he'd be home with us today. However, his boss begged him to work M-W this week, and he agreed. He is getting paid for his PTO plus his time worked so it'll be a nice pay check. 

Today we got up and watched the Wizard of Dizz (Mickey Mouse Clubhouse version of their Wizard of Oz) and then ate breakfast. Then I started getting my living rooms back in order. They have been empty since the floors got done at the end of July. 

In the meantime, Haley and Daniel were down stairs working out. Daniel has been really into getting strong. He's been doing pushups. I think he's training to be an American Ninja Warrior.

Katelynn and Seth were upstairs rockin out to their original songs with the guitars from our Guitar Hero game.  Katelynn is always writing songs about whatever is on her mind and Seth is happy to sing along. It reminds me of my dad when we were little. I remember him making up a song about our morning toast and performing it for us complete with choreography. Good times!


After a failed attempt to get Seth to take a nap (he refuses to nap for me everytime! Grr...) we spent a couple of hours watching The Little Giants on TV. I am not sure if I've seen it before or not, but it was really good. The kids love watching movies and give me some down time where they aren't bickering. 

After the movie we went to sonic for lunch and then the kids played outside.  Pretty low key day, but it was good for the most part.

As a follow up from a couple of days ago, I am feeling much better emotionally. I know that life can be an emotional roller-coaster, and whatever you dwell on does affect your attitude and emotional state. I also knows that venting makes me feel better and God uses this blog to help me process and see things from his perspective and through his word. I guess we can call it reflecting.

And God is always faithful. Always. Faithful.

To his promises. To help me in my weakness. To love me enough not to leave me as I am.

No comments: