Saturday, April 30, 2016

Misplaced Hope

A few weeks ago I had a friend express concern about the wickedness of the world we live in. He stated that the more he studied God's word, the more what is going on around him bothered him and made him discontent with

It got me thinking. I think over time Christians have become too calloused or apathetic to what is going on around us. We've kind of accepted things as they are and started getting comfortable here.

The truth of God's word is that we as Christians should be frustrated and discontent with the wickedness going on around us. We shouldn't turn a blind eye but should feel out of place, should be aware and be unsettled with it all. This world is not our home. We aren't like the unsaved (or shouldn't be). We don't fit in. Jesus told us we wouldn't.

But we also can't let the evil around us make us feel hopeless. Our hope isn't in people or things of this world but in the One who is returning to get us out of this mess. Praise God!

Psalm 42:11
Why am I discouraged?
Why is my heart so sad?
I will put my hope in God!
I will praise him again-
my Savior and my God!

No comments: