Friday, July 29, 2016

No Time Like the Present

Let me start with a huge disclaimer: I am a planner by nature. I look ahead and prepare for what I think will or could happen, so living in the moment is not what I do naturally.

But I feel God saying to me: Go! Do! Be! And don't wait until the time is perfect, because you will always find a reason today isn't the day and later will be better. And while you are reasoning away opportunities, life will pass you by. And all you'll have is a bunch of "shoulda" "coulda" "woulda"s.

Unless later is defined, it quickly turns into never. Because life is busy and time flies. If your actions aren't intentional, you are left with a life of reaction, where your life is made of ripples, created by the waves others are making around you. And you never find that time to do what you were created for, to step up and be the catalyst that controls your life movement  (as much as we control whether we are living according to God's will and he chooses to use us in his plan.)

So don't wait until tomorrow! Choose to obey, move, go today and see if God won't honor your obedience.

No comments: