Friday, July 21, 2017

30 Blogs - Day 7 A Letter to Someone who has Hurt You Recently

Dear Person:

Let me start by saying I love you. Really, I do. I know that you probably don't even know that you hurt me. Or maybe you do. It doesn't really matter at this point. Every time I think I'm okay, I see you and know I am not. I'm more healed than I was originally, but still need some closure. I am still frustrated and feel like this is all so unfair. But I don't really know what I would've done differently. Not sure it would have mattered.

I wish that you would've taken the time to hear what I was saying and not distort it to hear what you wanted. I wish you didn't misunderstand me. I wish this didn't have to happen. I wish you didn't think it was necessary to tell others what you thought I said or meant. It was all your perspective which I feel was pretty tainted. And opinions should never be spoken as truth. They only cause more hurt.

I know that you were in a bad place. That your emotions were controlling your words (mine too) and that you were unable to think or see anything from a place other than your own. That you didn't understand what I was saying. That you were scared.

I'm sorry if you felt attacked. Please forgive me. That was not my goal at all. I'm sorry if I said things that hurt you and made you feel less valuable than you are. Your value comes from your creator. You are more than what you do or accomplish. You are more than words people say about you. You are more than what you think about yourself . You are His and you are priceless! I pray that if you haven't discovered this truth that you will find it in His loving arms.

And I forgive you, even if you don't feel you need to be forgiven. I pray that God will continue to bless you and use you. That you can find some comfort in his presence and that you will deal with previous issues that have clouded your ability to see things for what they really are.

Months before the offense, God laid you on my heart and I prayed for you daily. I believe that is why this hasn't crushed me but I have been able to move on mostly. I pray you are able to do the same.

I know that God's word doesn't change and his promises are still valid in both of our lives, so I pray we are able to move forward for His kingdom sake.

~Sandra

No comments: