Friday, October 20, 2017

Relationships

Had lunch with a friend today. A much needed, over due lunch. Reminded  me how important relationships are.

I don't have many close friends, less than 5. There are a few reasons for that. I'm pretty picky when it comes to friends. I've been misunderstood a few times and it keeps me careful with who I let get close. But when I do decide I can trust you (which tends to be more of a God given instinct than a test of time) I'm quickly very loyal and dive in completely.

I truly believe my few close friends are God given. They strengthen and encourage me and push me. We can disagree and discuss things and it only increases our respect and deepens our friendships. I love that! Our backgrounds are different which enables us to share different perspectives and stretch each other to be more like Jesus.

I'm so thankful for people who will invest themselves in me and allow me to do the same for them. I wouldn't want to do life without them. I'm so blessed!

No comments: