Saturday, February 13, 2016

Proud Mama

Every day I realize a little more that my babies are growing up. And although everything we try to teach them doesn't always show, every once in a while something sticks with them.

Today I want to brag on Haley. Last Sunday we had a young lady at church who shared about her upcoming mission trip to Asia. Pastor felt led to get pledges during service toward her trip cost. We have always been big on giving as God has spoken to us, but never to make a big deal about it or get noticed.

While this was going on Haley got my attention and wanted to pledge $40 of her allowance money toward the trip. She was too shy to speak up, so I did it for her. My kids are generally very compassionate and want to be helpful, so I thought maybe she had decided to use her money because she wanted to be helpful. (That is a good thing too.) But after church she told me God told her to give and she needs to obey. I love that my kids are learning to hear God. I'm so proud of her!

One of the benefits of their hard start is that they aren't shy or intimidated to do what they think is right. Yes, there are downfalls to that, but it also means that as they serve God they won't be scared to stand up for him.

And while we are on Haley, I wanted to report that she is passing all of her classes. That girl can do anything she puts her mind to. Love her so much!

On the growing front, I officially concede that she is taller than me. I think she still tries to put her head on my shoulder when she gives me a hug so it feels funny with her bending down to hug me. I had to go buy junior size pants and jeans so they would be long enough for her legs. She's only 12!And if I do say so myself, she is such a pretty girl.

No comments: