Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Come Home

God speaks all the time to us, but do we really listen to him? God has been bringing people to mind lately that I haven't spoken to or thought about for some time. And when he does this, I have learned to stop what I'm doing and pray for them or send them an encouraging e-mail or note. Because God always has a purpose for doing things. So he knows where they are and what they need and for whatever reason, that day he chooses to use me. And I am honored. So almost every day on the way home from work I have heard this song on the radio.
And I think of people who used to serve God, who grew up in church, and have since made decisions that have led them away, to live life as they please and in the process they got lost. And they feel like its been too long and they've done too much. And they aren't sure where to start on their journey back home. And I am reminded that God's compassion and love for them never changed. He still loves them as if they never left and He is waiting for them with open arms. It's never too late. My heart hurts for them. I just want to find them and hug them and tell them they can come back. I am reminded it is a decision they must make for themselves. So I pray for God to open their hearts to feel his love again. That they will realize it may be hard to come back, but it is worth it. Coming back to God isn't like returning to a parent who hurt you in that the wound gets reopened and festers again. As far as God is concerned, if you are ready to come back, he is ready to forgive and move forward. You don't have to make it right or earn the forgiveness, but he is offering it, no strings attached, if you'll just come back. And he already loves you more than you could ever know.

No comments: