Sunday, June 19, 2016

Accomplished

The first night without the baby monitor was unsuccessful. I was still up every 4 hours because the silly monitor vibrated each time she moved. In the middle of the night in my sleep deprived state was not the time to try and figure out the stupid vibration setting so I just endured.  The next night before bed I turned off the vibration and have been sleeping all night since. I honestly don't know if Julia is sleeping all night but I do know I'm not feeding her in the middle of the night so I feel accomplished. Sleep has been heavenly!

I don't know if it just took one night for her to figure it out, but at the same time she has finished teething for now and has 4 pearly whites to prove it. She is happier and sleeping and eating better and so am I (sleeping not eating).

Although I do tend to celebrate my successes and ignore my failures as a parent(who doesn't), my parenting and children are far from perfect. People tell me that I look like I've got it all together. I have so got y'all fooled. By the grace of God we survive. Yes, I stress about silly things and overreact and make threats I can't fulfill. Yes I am learning everyday and choosing which battles to fight and which to ignore.  I too have read those blogs that make everything seem perfect and make me feel like a failure as a parent. Don't let this blog be one of them.

Day by day, step by step, we as parents do what we think is right for our kids. We win some, we lose some. This is the life of a parent. The life God has blessed us with.

And today I feel accomplished.

No comments: