Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Bare Minimum

I have a friend who needs a physical miracle for her son. She went to Facebook to ask her community to pray, if they were the praying kind, for peace and wisdom.

As I started to pray for them and him, I couldn't help but think how often we expect bare minimums from God rather than the miraculous. Now, I have no idea what their beliefs are, but I know that God can do so much more than she even asked for. I serve a God who can do miracles, grow missing limbs and body parts, raise from the dead, but we are often too scared or reserved to ask God for miracles. We limit the hand of God by our asking.

Now I am fully aware that it's risky to put your full trust in God, because sometimes he doesn't give us what we ask for. But sometimes he does!! What have we missed because we haven't asked God?

God, help me to have faith to believe your word and ask you for all that you can do, not limiting you according to my plans and thoughts about your provision or willingness to answer!

No comments: