Thursday, April 19, 2018

Fixed On

It's been a while, a long while. Life's been busy but I havent really felt the urge to write or share. It feel so good to not be driven by or feel required to post or share. God has been speaking but differently, for me and not necessarily for yall all the time.

As is usual to me, God is using a song to speak. I've been learning/playing the song Spirit Move. There are a couple sentiments expressed that I'd like to share.

The verse echos the thought of hunger and expectancy for God to move by his spirit. Right now in my life I feel like I'm in a place of testing, of growing, and as much as it is not fun or enjoyable, I keep feeling that God is about to do something amazing! After all, that's the purpose of a trial, to grow us for the next thing God has in store. Sometimes next is in a few days, or maybe a few years. Either way I can't help but feel that eager expectation of what is coming. Like a child on Christmas morning. And if  the intensity of what is coming is anywhere close to the difficulty of this struggle, I can't wait! (But I have to. Isn't waiting the worst? And yet, we all have to wait, but that's another blog for another day, and actually what we learned about in Sunday School last week).

But to be ready, we have to make sure our focus is right. That's what the chorus talks about:

We are fixed on this one thing.
To know your goodness, to see your glory.
We're transformed by this one thing.
To know your presence, to see your beauty.

It challenges me to check my focus. What am I looking to? Am I stuck with eyes on the minute problem or am I able to see things with a kingdom perspective? To step back and see the big picture. Am I truly fixed, focused on just knowing God and seeing who he is or am I focused on selfish things, like defending myself or my right to be heard or get my two words in. Am I focused more on what people may think of me or being obedient to God's leading?

God's presence is powerful, but in a willing vessel, a ready vessel, a focused vessel we can't even begin to describe the impact for the kingdom. 

God, help me to be fixed on you so your will is accomplished, your way, in your timing through this broken vessel!!


No comments: