Friday, February 12, 2010

Forgive Yourself, Already!

How many of us walk through life holding a grudge against ourselves? Many of us do, quite honestly. As Christians, we make every effort to make sure we forgive because God has commanded us to do so, but we often don't even realize that we don't have peace because we have failed to forgive ourselves. We get upset with ourselves when we aren't perfect and things don't go as we intend for them to go. We say things and hurt people's feelings unintentionally and we seem to be able to ask for their forgiveness all the while blaming ourselves because we aren't perfect. We say things flippantly like "I'll never forgive myself" or "It's all my fault" not realizing that we are opening up the door for Satan to bring condemnation and feelings of unworthiness. Face the fact - you are not perfect and you never will be. Jesus has forgiven you, so why can't you forgive yourself? This week God opened my eyes to see that I blamed myself for some things I am currently going through (If you didn't read my post about going through, you can get to it here) . You know what, devil, it is not my fault and I am not taking any more condemnation from you. I refuse to feel that way and I choose to forgive myself. "Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." Romans 8:1

No comments: