Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Waiting is Worth It

So one of my new favorite CDs is For Those Who Wait by Fireflight. I bought this and two other CDs on a whim when a local Family Christian Store was going out of business. There are a lot of songs on this CD that speak to me but today I am going to talk about the title song For Those Who Wait. My favorite lyrics are in the bridge.
The pressure makes us stronger. The struggle makes us hunger. The hard lessons make a difference and the difference makes it worth it.
If I always got what I wanted when I wanted it, I would miss all the growing in the process. This time of waiting makes me stronger, makes me realize what I really want, and ultimately makes a difference in my outlook that makes all the struggles worth it. I have learned that it isn't just about the outcome and the destination, it's about the waiting. And someday I'll see it was all worth it. It is no accident that the current unit I am helping teach in Children's Church is about waiting. It is no coincidence that church service after church service, day after day, God is reminding me that waiting is worth it. God knows exactly what he's doing.

No comments: