Monday, April 12, 2010

New Things

I am struggling getting this blog started because I don't know where to start or how to organize my thoughts. Usually I at least have a sentence or scripture verse to start with but not today. So if my thoughts seem a little scattered, they are. Also I am having some hesitation as to what should be shared and what shouldn't. In general I try to share what God is showing me so that others can be encouraged and strengthened by Gods word just as I was, but I try to be vague as to how it specifically applies to me. The main reason I do this is because I don't want to mention people specifically so they don't get hurt (if it is a compliment, I am the first to share that, however), but also I believe there are things God shares with me that aren't to be shared. Ok, so now I've gotten through the intro, so its time for some substance. God is doing some new things in me. I'm not sure what all it means, but I know something is on the horizon. Yesterday at church I was surrounded by people but I felt alone. At first I thought this was the devil trying to make me feel inadequate and overlooked but I realized it wasn't the devil, but God drawing me to himself. God is trying to strip away all the things that make me comfortable and that I depend on so that my only option left is to trust him. That is very exciting and very scary at the same time. I don't like change, but I'm excited for whatever it is God is leading me to. He is prompting me to study some things to prepare me for whatever is next. Thanks to Pastor, who has given me a whole shelf of books over the years, I don't even have to go buy any new books to start studying. Those books, or at least some of them will actually get some use. I guess he knew I'd use them eventually, or at least he hoped I would. This new page is actually a quite welcome distraction. For the past 20 months or so I have been trusting God for something I haven't yet seen come to be. I know God will provide in his time, so in the meanwhile, I'm glad that he is growing me and maturing me while I wait. It's kinda like having a good book to read on your 12 hour trip to your grandparents. Anyway, as I dedicate myself to this new challenge, I pray that I will see God keep his word and the waiting will be over before I know it.

No comments: