Monday, August 2, 2010

The Good Ole' Days

This weekend I went to my bff from high school's son's birthday party. It was so much fun watching the boys have a nerf gun fight. Somehow, BJ and I ended up in the direct line of fire many times and yet since we are gluttons for punishment, we didn't move. So, today I've decided to do a tribute to the good times we (Shay and I) had in high school. When I'm having a bad day I can look back at this post and laugh. Some of you may not think these are funny or entertaining, but Shay and I will at least get a kick out of it. I remember when we went to South Padre for a choir trip. As soon as we got there, we proceeded to jump on the beds because we could. Apparently Shay's family always does this when they stay at a hotel. To eat, we bought sandwich stuff and for snacks, double stuffed oreos and twizzlers pull & peel. Shay slept with and a shirt that which smelled like the current boyfriend and reread some letter he wrote her numerous times in our 3 days. I think she also tried to convince me to talk to Micah, but I was too shy. I remember when we painted SGP on our old jeans for the Beat North game. By the time the jeans dried, they were so stiff we could hardly get them on. We wore them anyways, because we were cool like that. I remember our matching jeans that faded from jean color to white at the bottom. They were from Target and we loved them. I remember when we went to football games and hung out with/danced with the tubas at the top of the stands. Patrick was always entertaining. I remember our "best friend mums" for homecoming my junior and your senior year. I think mine is still at my moms. I remember when I had physics and you had chemistry at the same time in connecting classes and we would stand in the doorway and talk until our teachers made us sit down. I remember Agape Club meetings in the freshman gym on Wednesday afternoons. I remember renting Austin Powers and watching it to realize that is really is one of the stupidest movies of all times. I remember when you bought us matching shirts (one green and one blue) and overalls so we could wear them to school together. I remember hanging out at Marshall Drive Baptist and watching the guys play basketball. I remember coming to your wedding and hunting you down just to see how you were doing before the ceremony. I remember driving to Fort Hood to visit you and the boys. Those were some fun trips! Shay, I am so glad that we met in high school and have had so much fun over the years. I am glad you are back in the area and we can make many more memories for years to come!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the new look!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the somewhat embarrassing trip down memory lane!! We did have the best time together! I'm so glad you didn't give up on me!!! I can't wait to make new memories!! Hope to see you soon!