Tuesday, August 17, 2010

You Really Have to Want These Kids

Today I was talking with a friend about how the adoption process and all of that is going. She asked if we were done with the classes yet. In normal Sandra fashion, I responded with a very detailed list of when we have all the classes scheduled and everything we have left to do. Just so this can be some sort of update post, I'll give you that list:
  • 1 class last week
  • 2 classes done this week
  • 1 more class this week
  • 2 classes on the 28th
  • 1 class on Sept 11th
  • 1 class on Sept 14th
  • 2 classes not scheduled yet
  • fire inspection
  • TB test
  • digital FBI fingerprinting
  • dentist/doctor forms
  • home study
With good reason, after I gave her the list she promptly responded with "I guess they are making sure you really want to get the kids." As if there was any doubt in anyone's minds, yes, I know this is a lot, and yes we really want to do this. God has put this on our hearts and these kids are so worth it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I so very love that you are attacking this schedule with conviction and determination. The end result will be MAGNIFICENT! Children deserve our very best efforts from the very beginning of our knowledge of them and throughout their lives. You are making your very best preparations for them! What a blessing that is for them AND for you. I am so delighted for you and BJ, and am excited to meet and cuddle and just yummy up your babies!!