Thursday, July 17, 2014

Simple Songs

This week Seth has opted for no radio in the car. (Yes, my 20 month old dictates whether we listen to the radio or a CD or nothing based on his response) So instead we have been singing without accompaniment. The favorites have been This is the Day and Rejoice in The Lord Always. Sometimes he just listens and others he sings along or claps, pats his legs, etc. It puts him in a good mood and is a nice reminder to take each day one at a time, acknowledging that God is in control.  I have a choice about how my day will go. No, I don't determine the circumstances, but I get to decide if I will choose to rejoice despite the circumstances or begrudgingly make my way through whatever that day brings. It's been nice to slow things down and keep things in perspective. It's amazing how much difference a few simple songs can make.

No comments: