Sunday, April 10, 2016

Family Update

We have some fun new things going on that I should probably document just so I have it in the future.

First, Haley played a clarinet solo for a competition and scored a 1. We are so proud of her. The sad thing is that we have/she has decided to drop band for next year and try athletics. Since school isn't the easiest thing for my kids, I try to be realistic in my expectations and not let my kids over-commit themselves. So I made her choose for next year.

Speaking of middle school athletics, Thursday of this week Haley has an overall conditioning clinic at Coble and then I have a mandatory parents meetings immediately following. We went and bought her some nice running shoes and athletic clothes in preparation for next year. She has pretty small feet (size 5) which allowed me to get the largest size of kids shoes and save $20 or so.

Katelynn also started an 8 week dance class/lesson last Friday. She has been begging to try dance and I found a Christian dance studio in Mansfield about 15 minutes from my house. My hesitation has always been that a lot of dance studios tend to make little girls dance sexy or wear sexy costumes. I hope that with a Christian dance studio I won't have to deal with that as much. The first sentence on the front page of their website says:
The Dance Academy of Mansfield equips each student to be a positive witness for Christ, as well as reaching their full potential as dancers.
I think this will be a good place for her to try dance and decide if its something she enjoys and determine if it is something she is good at or not.

No comments: