Monday, November 27, 2017

What A Difference...

A year makes.

About a year ago, my Pastor of 30 years announced he was retiring and the world as I knew it went into a tail spin. And as much as I was not happy about change (just as a part of who I am), there was a part of me that was kinda excited for something new.

And it has definitely been a year of change. And it's been mostly good, once we got over the initial hump of getting things rolling. Our previous pastor did so much more than anyone really knew. We didn't realize a lot of it until after he was gone.

So it's been a year of reorganizing and recreating, sometimes with a starting place and sometimes starting from scratch. What should have been one of the most stressful years in my life, between work, kids and taking on more volunteer responsibilities, God has ordained and orchestrated so perfectly.  I've been so challenged personally and spiritually in such an awesome way! It has been a year of growth in the most unexpected way and it has been so good for me personally. And I found some awesome friends and leaders  in the process (Love you Pastor Sid and Heather!)

I am not the same person I was a year ago. Praise God! And as scared as I was going into this change, I'm so excited to be here now! God knows exactly what he is doing and his timing is always perfect, even if it scares us! We just have to be patient and trust him in the process!

No comments: