Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Usually I am Strong

But yesterday I was weak.

I have been a Christian for almost 22 years and I know how to be strong in the Lord when the devil is attacking. I have learned to stand on God’s word and quote scriptures to encourage myself and tell the devil where he can go. I have learned to rejoice in the Lord always and trust that God has great plans for me and will take care of me.

But yesterday I broke down. I haven’t done that if probably a year or so. Tears flowed from deep places inside I have since forgotten about. I let the devil get in my mind and emotions and bring fear and hopelessness.

I woke up this morning wondering why I failed so miserably yesterday. What about yesterday was so much different from the normal day when I am able to stand my ground and be strong in the Lord? God immediately brought my mind back to the sermon Pastor preached on Sunday afternoon about being in the place God wants you to be. When we are exactly where God has called us to be, we are in a place of blessing, a place of victory, but also a place of sacrifice, a place of complete reliance on God. Sacrifice is not fun and reliance on someone other than me is tough! I have been obedient to do the things God has asked me to do and am in a time of waiting for what God has next for me. In this time of waiting, I have determined to let God show me the things in my life that cause Him hurt so that they can be removed and my life can bring more pleasure to Him.

So on Sunday, I re-determined in my heart to get exactly where God wants us to be as a family. My guess is that the devil didn’t like that so he attacked me harder than usual, hoping I would give up on God and his great plans for me. Too bad for the devil, I NEVER GIVE UP! If you know me at all, you know this is true. I am probably one of the most determined or stubborn people I know. That can be good when I am determined to follow through with what God has laid on my heart and bad when I am determined to be a stick in the mud and not go with the flow.

So, today is back to normal and I am so glad that God gives us second chances (and third and so on). Another day of God’s grace and mercy and another day in the place of victory and blessing.

No comments: