Monday, May 31, 2010

New Patio

Ok, so today I got to talk to my sister on the phone for a while and she informed me that I have not put pics of the new patio. It was finished on the weekend of our anniversary but I was waiting to get our picnic tables so you could get a full idea of what it looks like (or will look like). Since I am apparently too busy or lazy to get the picnic tables purchased and stained and put together, you are gonna get what I have.
Before After
We tripled the size of the concrete and added the pergola for a little shade. I know, I know, it needs picnic tables, but I'm working on it when I get around to it. The nice thing is that since our house faces south, most of this is in the shade from the house for most of the day and the pergola just adds to the shade. We are planning on having our Father's Day get-together at our house, so we'd better get on that picnic table issue and fast. In other exciting news, I was off today. This morning I went to Cardio Dance Party at 24 Hour. It's not turbo, but it was still a great workout. Then I went to Cedar Hill to Charming Charlie's and found a purple purse. It makes me soooo happy! Apparently I have been living in the dark ages because I so didn't know anything about Uptown in Cedar Hill. It is fabulous. I wasn't in the mood to really shop, but I do plan to go back and shop in the future. It is basically an outdoor shopping mall. From FM1382 it looks like a mall with only a few stores, but when you drive inside, it is amazing and there are so many stores. They also have a water spout area for the kids to play. I must remember that for the future. Yesterday evening, I was finally able to pull together all the digital pics I need to get printed so I can scrapbook. The memory card for one of our digital cameras has been at a friend's house (he was using it in his fish finder. Yeah I totally don't get that.) Anyway, the memory card has made it home and I was able to get all the pics I want sent to Walmart to be printed. BJ is supposed to pick up the pics after work today. Hopefully, now that I'll actually have the pics at my house, when I get some free time and the urge to scrapbook (yes, I actually get the urge to scrapbook) I'll have everything I need to do a page or 2 until I am caught up. While I was sorting through pics on the computer I realized I have quite a few events to scrapbook including my getting CPA license in Sept 2008, anniversary trip in 2009, kitchen renovation in July 2009, Cozumel trip in Aug 2009, anniversary trip in 2010, and the patio expansion. So do you think I'll be able to catch up before we go to New York City in August? I'm thinking probably not, but I can at least shoot for that. Did I just nonchalantly mention we are going to the Big Apple in August? Yes I did. We booked our flights and hotel yesterday and are really looking forward to our vacation. We are hoping to see Phantom of the Opera on Broadway and that is the only thing we have agreed on at this point. Yes, BJ wants to see Phantom as much as I do. I actually saw it at Fair Park a few years back, so he may be looking forward to it more than I am. Starting next week, my boss is letting us work 36 hour weeks through July. Thanks Elaine!! I am pretty excited about that as I love being off during the week and will get to attend Mindy's Turbo class in Mansfield on Fridays. Also, I am making a plan to go and see one of my sister's friends and her new baby the week Jill is in town for Father's Day/my mom's birthday. I think my mom, Jill, and Ashley will join me on my trip to Wilmer so we could call it a girls trip I guess. There are a lot of fun things coming in the next few months. Yes, work is still crazy and hasn't slowed down any, but hopefully we will be able to keep pushing returns out and things will eventually slow down. And this makes 4 blog posts for May, thank you very much.

2 comments:

Jill said...

for some reason I get really happy when my name is in your post. It makes me feel special. :-)

Me said...

Hubby & I saw Phantom of the Opera on Broadway in 2003 (back before he was Hubby lol). It is the iconic Musical to see on Broadway!