Sunday, July 4, 2010

The Cat is Out of the Bag

Today at church we broke the news to our parents and then church family. BJ and I have decided to adopt. We have always wanted to adopt and decided that now was as good a time as any. Everyone was pretty excited and took the news pretty well. I don't really know why but I thought that my dad would be less accepting of the whole ordeal. However, I had totally forgotten that he tried to convince my mom to adopt these 4 siblings when my sister and I were in college. I don't know why I forget he is such a softy sometimes and he understands more than I give him credit for. We are currently wanting to adopt a sibling group of 2 kids under the age of 5. We know that this may be hard to find since most younger kids in the state system are adopted by foster parents. But just like before, we just trust God that if our kids are out there, they will find their way to our arms. This doesn't surprise him since he had it planned since the creation of time. Ever since we made this decision, I just see life differently. I am always imagining and wondering what our kids will be like. What it will be like to have kids running around and to be a family and no longer just a couple. God's ways are perfect and we are excited for what he has in store. And maybe sooner or later, if its God's will, we will actually have some pics on this blog and not just my ramblings.
I'll try to keep you updated on the process as we go along. God is just so good.

1 comment:

Rachel Moss said...

Congrats! This is such exciting news.