Monday, June 6, 2011

Against Hope

Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed and so became the father of many nations, just as it had been said to him, "So shall your offspring be." ~ Romans 4:18
Do you know what it feels like to be without hope? Today feels a little like that for me. But just like Abraham, I choose to have hope when it seems silly and useless. And I will also receive the promise God has made to me. Sunday, church was really good. I just sat in God's presence and felt so refreshed and strengthened there. And today I realized why God provided that place of refreshing. Because today has been rough. I started the day making a statement of faith about the great week I was expecting. And then the roof fell in. One tile at a time. The circumstances look frustrating at best, but God doesn't change. And I choose to be like Abraham today and every day until I see God's promises fulfilled in my life.

No comments: