Sunday, January 8, 2012

12 Weeks

That's how long I've been a mom. It seems like it was just yesterday we were driving to the airport to pick up our kiddos for permanent adoptive placement in our home.  And then again it seems like we've had them forever.

This past week we got their new medicaid cards and on them is listed their new last name, Fowler.  It's so surreal! I will be so glad when the adoption is over and their names will officially be changed to Fowler. Right now I have all the official stuff with their biological last name and the informal stuff as Fowler, just for ease for those who knew us before the kids. It just keeps things a little complicated always having to explain what is going on, or at least that's how I feel at every doctor's visit and official meeting about the kids.

So in about 3 months, I will be free to post names and pictures on my blog.  I am really excited to be at this place and am so grateful!! And these three months are the busiest of my year at work, so I'm sure I'll wake up and we will be to the official adoption court proceedings, also known as "Gotcha Day."
For those of you whom I don't know and am not friends with on facebook, you will be amazed to see how much our kids fit with us and I am ready to show the world my family of 5. So ready for all this to be out in the open. It's hard not being able to brag on my kids like I want to. :)

And just as a way of general update, I was able to get 3 pages scrap-booked this weekend and it feels great.  One week at a time, I will eventually get caught up, I hope. Saturday was very productive for me.  I had a long list of things to do and got all of them done.  I love marking things off of my list.  I just have a better week when my weekend has been productive.

No comments: