Sunday, January 15, 2012

Worship at Home

If you know me, you know I am a worshiper through and through and love to worship.  In my free time (ha!ha!) I love to just sit at my piano and sing and/or write worship songs to my Daddy God.  I truly believe that learning to worship in song and otherwise is such an important part of learning to love Jesus.  Worship also changes my perspective and overall puts me in a good mood.  We actually enjoy car rides with the kids because the worship music (theirs or mine) chills them out.

So this past week we added a little worship time to our nightly Bible reading/prayer time.  And I love it. At first it was hard to find songs we all know, since they aren't in adult church service with us.  But we have found two that we are singing every night.  They request it.  Just a little time to sing songs to Jesus and show him we love him.  Right now we are singing "Oh, How I Love Jesus" and "Lord I Lift Your Name On High." I love the sound of the voices of our family, singing to Jesus, in our nightly time of worship at home.

No comments: