Friday, August 3, 2012

Deliberate Gratitude

Today I turn the big 3-0.  And its okay. Life is good because God is good.  I have a friend who just found out she is pregnant and she is so ecstatic.  I have been so busy and just trying to survive the day in and day out, I've forgotten to be thankful for where I am. I've forgotten how excited I'm supposed to be about all of this.  I am getting used to Seth moving and haven't let myself be overjoyed about being exactly where I dreamed I would be, in the future, someday.  Someday is here and I choose to celebrate.

Last year at this time, I was dreading the coming year.  Because reaching 30 and not being where you thought you would be in life can be depressing.

Last year, we had just found out that N&D who we hoped to adopt were going to live with their uncle. And we were crushed.  And we got the broadcast for our kids (for the second time) and were waiting to see if we'd been selected.  I think the more times your dreams are crushed, the less hope you have each time you put yourself out there for another set of kids. So, even though I felt like they were to be our kids, we were in the time of waiting and unsure of what the next year would hold for us and our family.

Since that time a lot has changed. I think my mom said it best in my birthday card.

Last year - no children, not pregnant, wanting to be a mother sooooooooo much.

This year - 3 great health children, pregnant with a little boy, great family, new house

Your dream is here!
Thank you God for all your blessings in the past year. Your timing is amazing and your goodness never fails! 

This morning as I was reading my devotional, it pointed out a verse that I am going to use as a theme scripture for me in the next year.  It's a common verse, but the version Joyce Meyers used spoke to me like it hasn't before.

Philippians 1:6

Amplified Bible (AMP)
And I am convinced and sure of this very thing, that He Who began a good work in you will continue until the day of Jesus Christ [right up to the time of His return], developing [that good work] and perfecting and bringing it to full completion in you.

God is working to make his plan perfect in me, bringing it to completion in my life.  The plan isn't perfect because of the vessel, the plan is perfect because the one who created the plan is perfect. And God won't give up on me or his plan until he returns and it is made perfect and complete in Him.


No comments: