Sunday, August 19, 2012

Super Sunday

27 Weeks 1 Day



Today was a good day and things are going well around the Fowler household. We had our annual promotion for our Wednesday night classes. I am losing two of my girls and gaining Haley and two of her friends.  It's going to be a change mainly because I am getting new girls and they are on the younger end of the grades my class covers.  I also think it may be difficult having Haley in there, but we will see.  As I've been told, I am a little harder on them than some of the other teachers.  Let's just say I push them to do things they don't think they can do and sometimes that can be hard to adjust to.

And in our Sunday School class we are gaining two newbies. I'm excited about that. I like our class, but I'm sure it's hard to adjust from any one teacher to another since everyone is a little different.

The kids are starting to get excited about Seth coming. And I'm loving it.  Haley comes up to me and rubs my belly and talks to Seth often and Katelynn has been doing this from the beginning.  I guess its becoming more real to them because they can actually see my belly getting bigger and we look at pictures of how big Seth should be every week. Only 13 weeks left and it'll be here before we know it.  I'm getting excited.

Today I did something that is not at all what the old Sandra would have done.  I went up to someone, who kind of intimidates me, and initiated a normal conversation in which I apologized about a misunderstanding.  I am so thankful God gives us second chances.  I guess the main reason I am so proud of myself is that I have struggled with this for so long.  I have been so locked up, intimidated, and not able to just be real and honest and today, with God's strength, I crossed this hurdle.  And it went fine.  And I am gaining confidence that I can do this again and it will be okay.  It is so hard to put yourself out there when your heart remembers the hurt from the past where you got your head chopped off, but I'm not letting that control me anymore.  Because God is big enough and He can make a way for me to keep moving forward in him.  

No comments: