Sunday, September 2, 2012

Growing

29 Weeks 1 Day
There's been a lot of growing around here. You know I'm getting big when you can tell from the front I am pregnant. I remember those days of holding my belly or whatever so my preggo pics looked like I was actually getting bigger, but I am past these days as you can tell pretty easily.

And I am not the only one growing, but the kids too.  They are finally getting really used to us I guess and just being normal kids (well as normal as any kid is).  Last time we went to the doctor, Haley had grown 5 pounds in a month and Daniel had grown 7 pounds.  They are definitely turning into good eaters most of the time and are going through a growth spurt.

They are also growing spiritually and this momma is quite proud of them.  This past week we added praying for someone else to our nightly routine and I have just seen then shine in this.  Their prayers are so much different from the normal "Dear Jesus...Thank you for today and help us to sleep well and have good days" to praying for God's protection over our missionary friends to China and praying that their Sunday School teachers would know that God loved them and help the kids to listen and not be rude.  I am so proud of my kiddos and the young men and women of God they are becoming.  No, they aren't perfect, but they are understanding more and more what it means to live like Jesus and to have love and compassion for others. Love. It.

Tomorrow I may be taking the kids to 6 Flags and am actually excited to get to spend some time with them.  They've been to 6 Flags quite a few times, but have never really watched any of the shows or anything, so I think that is our goal for tomorrow. Ride some family rides, watch some shows, and eat some funnel cake.  Yummy!  I can taste it now and can't wait.

Yesterday I went to register at BabiesRus and that is a beating.  I went by myself since BJ doesn't really care and his schedule and mine don't seem to leave much free time together right now.  I was going to go with Shay, my best friend from high school, but she got called in to work last minute so that didn't happen.  I am just glad to get things done.  I kinda feel bad because I have a lot of expensive things on the registry and more registered for the kind of things I like than for every little thing, so hopefully that works out. I also really hope that if people want to buy us something, they can get together in a group to buy some of the bigger things so we don't have to.  And of course gift cards can always help with what doesn't get bought. (I guess I should say here, that I'm just thinking out loud and not at all assuming anyone will buy my anything or expecting anything from anyone.  I have had people ask me if I was registered so now I can say yes and I can mark it off of my list of things to do. Please don't feel obligated at all.)

Tonight we are having a family night that Haley planned for one of her badges for Missionettes  (our church's equivalent of Christian girl scouts).  We are eating pizza for dinner and then watching Night at the Museum and eating popcorn with m&ms and drinking soda. (On a side note, I think it's interesting that my kids who were born and raised in Texas have always called soft drinks soda.  We always called it pop when I was growing up until I got used to calling it all coke, which is the Texas norm.)  That last snack idea is thanks to Ms. Troyce who first introduced my kids to "special popcorn."

This week I have a doctor's appointment and will be updating again all the stats and the little preggo survey I've been doing.  I have been trying really hard to just gain a pound a week which is normal for this stage of pregnancy and not overdo it like I did last month.  Either way, I have to know I am trying, even if Dr. W isn't pleased with the results.  After this week's appointment, I'll have a 3 week appointment and then a few 2 week appointments.  We are getting to the end and I am excited and nervous, I guess the normal for a first time mom. I am kinda ready to get through the birth and try to adjust to being a mom of an infant. The anticipation is half the struggle for me and I am ready to get through some of this stuff and move on to see how some of this will turn out.  But I don't want to rush through these last 11 weeks either, since this could be the last time I experience this.

No comments: