Friday, September 14, 2012

Momma Duck

I just had this experience at Spaghetti Warehouse and it made me smile. So we are leaving the restaurant and I am leading the way as is normal.  I turn around to see my clan walking single file in age/height order hands behind their backs with Dad bringing up the rear.  I felt like a momma duck with her ducklings following close behind.  Or maybe it was like the Von Trapp family line up on the Sound of Music.  And all eyes seemed to be on us as we left, making our way through the restaurant and the crowd near the front door.  Maybe that was partly my imagination but it sure seemed like we had everyone's attention.

I got to the car and about died laughing. I wonder what everyone was thinking. It appeared that I planned it this way and had my kids so well behaved and disciplined.   The thought itself is laughable right now.  I wonder if they were thinking, "man, they have three kids AND she's pregnant. They are crazy!" Or maybe they weren't even looking.  Either way, it was good. Planned or not. I am the momma duck and I love it.

Just wish I had a picture for the record since this may very well never occur again. And I'm sure if I tried to plan it, it would turn out more like a 3 ring circus than a row of ducklings.

1 comment:

Brooklynn said...

We use to do that when my mom took us shopping. Lol. We laugh about it now still.