Wednesday, September 5, 2012

29w3d

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 29 Weeks 3 Days
Size of the Baby: 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel.
Total Weight Gain/Loss: 16.2 pounds, per the doctor's scale, but it varies depending on the time of day and when I've eaten last.
Maternity Clothes: Almost entirely. I prefer to wear dresses most days right now.  I am sleeping in larger gym shorts and a big t-shirt mostly.  I guess that's the only area I haven't switched to exclusively maternity clothes.
Gender: Boy, Seth Edward Fowler
Movement: All the time. I don't really keep track of how many times per day or hour right now, but he's moving around pretty regularly. Dr W. asked if he was wiggling and I said "all the time." His response was that wiggling is really an understatement for kicking me until it hurts.  I couldn't agree more.  But I am loving the movement.  It hurts sometimes, but it is a constant reminder of the miracle growing inside of me.
Sleep:  I sleep pretty normally, except for my once a night bathroom trip. I am not quite sure at what point I started being comfortable enough to sleep again, but I'm glad its here for at least a few weeks (or I am hoping). I love my sleep and am actually the most nervous about not getting enough sleep with a newborn at home.
What I Miss Most: Getting up and down quicker and my back or hips not hurting. I took the kids to 6 Flags on Monday and by the end of the day my feet, back, and hips were reminding me that I am carrying extra weight and can't do as much as I want to or used to. I also miss turbo kickboxing. I haven't really been avoiding it because I'm pregnant, but more because I have a lot to do at work and to get ready for Seth before he gets here.
Cravings: nothing in particular really. We had this amazing wedding cake at the office yesterday and today, but I've always loved cake, so wanting some isn't really specific to pregnancy I don't think.
Symptoms: back/hip pain occasionally, feeling generally huge.
Best Moment of the week:Dr W was explaining the appointment schedule coming up, one in 3 weeks, 2 every 2 weeks, 4 every 1 week and then a baby. Wohoo!!  We are getting there. And I only gained 2 pounds in the past month, so it is good to know I am able to control what I eat somewhat (even if I was very happy to eat that cake as soon as I got back to the office from the doctor's appointment). Also, I'm excited to note here that I did get registered. That was really fun actually! The only thing that would have been better was if Shay got to go with me. Oh, well!

No comments: