Sunday, September 9, 2012

The Return of Chocolate Chip Cookies

Over the past few years I have become well known and liked (well at least at my office) for my homemade chocolate chip cookies.  I don't really know why my cookies turned out fluffier than others, but they did and I was rather proud that my cookies were loved. And then I got in a funk. The first time I think I didn't have enough flour or something and the next two times I attempted to make cookies they were not as fluffy and I felt disappointed in myself and the cookies.  So I stopped trying.  It was quite sad, but I'd decided that I'd lost my touch.  So we moved to the new house and the first two batches of cookies here on our new stove were also a flop.  I had almost decided my cookie baking days were up, but I had to try one more time.  So yesterday I made two batches of cookies for the grandparents at our church and they turned out perfectly.  And all is right in the world. (Well not really, but I do feel better, at least about my cookies.)

No comments: