Tuesday, September 25, 2012

32w2d

31 Weeks 1 Day



So the picture is a week or so old, but it is time for the prego update, seeing as I had a doctor's appointment today.

How Far Along: 32 Weeks 2 Days
Size of the Baby: about 2.5 to 3.8 pounds and measures about 15.2 to 16.7 inches, the size of a squash
Total Weight Gain/Loss: 16.3 pounds. Today I got the best patient award. Honestly, I think I am heavier than that, but I am really careful the day I know I am getting weighed.
Maternity Clothes: Yep
Gender: Boy, Seth Edward Fowler
Movement: All the time. I don't really keep track of how many times per day or hour right now, but he's moving around pretty regularly. B.J. was sitting next to me in our prepared childbirth class at the hospital and laughing at how much Seth was moving.  I got the idea he wasn't too fond of us talking about his entrance into the world. Or maybe he was just acting excited.
Sleep:  Depends on the day. I have good days and bad days. I am not feeling totally worn out at this point, so I guess I am getting decent sleep.
What I Miss Most: Cute heels, clothes that make me look skinny, not being weighed on a regular basis
Cravings: none
Symptoms: back/hip pain occasionally, feeling generally huge.
Best Moment of the week:Getting some things ordered for Seth including a Beco Butterfly II baby carrier and Seth's diaper bag. Also, we took our prepared child birth class and I feel as prepared as I can be. As always, getting things marked off the list of to-dos. makes me happy.


We have a couple of baby showers in the works and I am really looking forward to them.  Mainly because I am hoping to see some people I haven't in a while.  It's kinda sad that it takes a wedding, baby, or a funeral to get together, but that's just the way it is some times.

I also had very productive talks with all the kids' teachers tonight.  Things are turning around for all of them, at least it seems so.  So for now, I'll just keep praying and trusting God to help my kids adjust to the new normal. And for wisdom and I learn what this thing called parenting is all about.

No comments: