Friday, January 4, 2013

Helpers

When I was pregnant with Seth, one of the questions I got asked a lot was if this was my first. When I told them about my older children I almost always was told they would be a big help.  I was hoping for help when I needed it from Haley, Daniel, and Katelynn, but not so much offering of help that it drove me crazy.
For the first 6 weeks or so I was pretty protective of Seth and didn't let the older kids help as much as they'd like.  This was partly due to the fact that Haley is much more confident in her ability to hold and carry Seth across the room than I am and quite honestly, I didn't want her to drop him. And I wanted to hold him. 

Well in the past few weeks, I have started to take advantage of their help.  They are all doing really well holding him and appeasing him. I can leave him with any of the kids holding him and take care of other things around the house like laundry and dishes.  It has been really great to have older kids who are dying to love on him and hold him.  I finally get what they were talking about.

And Haley has even survived being spit up on a few times.  At first it totally grossed her out. She would literally run from Seth when he had just spit up and I would just die laughing.  I tried to convince her it was just a part of baby life. But she is getting used to it and still is more than happy to hold him and talk to him.

And they love it when he smiles at them.  He's been doing that more often for the past few weeks as well as being more aware of you and watching you when you talk to him.

Thank God for my big helpers!!

No comments: