Monday, September 9, 2013

Amazed

You dance over me
While I am unaware
You sing all around
But I never hear the sound

Lord I'm amazed by You
Lord I'm amazed by You
Lord I'm amazed by You
How You love me

How wide
How deep
How great
Is Your love for me
I really love this song and have since I first heard it. But this morning as I was singing on my way into work God opened my eyes to what I was singing.

This is not a song declaring God's love because it is present and amazing in our lives, but a song declaring the awesomeness of the love of God when we can't feel or sense it. The verse talks about the ways God loves us when we aren't even aware of it. It is in those valleys when we can't feel God with us that we need to be declaring the lyrics to this song.

God, your love is amazingly wide, deep, great when I am in the midst of the storm and have nothing but my faith and trust in you to assure me that you do indeed love me. Even then your love is all around me, surrounding me, protecting me.  And I know that is true, despite my emotions and feelings, because you, God, are faithful. You don't change. When the storm around me is raging, I am still amazed by your love for me. Your gentle, strong, never-ending love.

No comments: