Monday, November 11, 2013

Whose Report Will You Believe?

Whose report will you believe?
I will believe the report of the Lord.
His report says I am healed.
His report says I am filled.
His report says I am free.
His report says VICTORY.
I was sitting in church yesterday just grateful for where I am in life. I am not saying I am without struggle (because who can really say that, especially with 4 kids there is always something I am dealing with). But I am in a time in my life where I am constantly reminded of the goodness of God. Where I can rejoice in who God is and not worry or fear or be overwhelmed by the what-ifs of tomorrow. 

It reminded me of those people who stood with us, who encouraged us, when I felt like I was going through the trial of my life. Would I really trust God to be who I'd claimed he was all my life, the giver of all good things, or would I sit by the wayside and allow myself to live defeated? I pray I was able to come through the time of testing shining like gold, but I know there were moments of sorrow and helplessness.  It was definitely not all sunshine and roses, and life never is. But I did come through to see the faithfulness of God providing above what I ever could have imagined and meeting my needs in ways only he can.

And some of my band of encouragers are in their time of testing and are depending on me and others who are in the easier times of life to lift them up, just like I was lifted up during my time of need. And I will stand strong on the report of the Lord for their sake, to encourage them to keep holding on through the darkness and through the unknown. That's what the family of God is supposed to do for each other. To be the Aaron and Hur's for them, to hold up their hands during battle until the victory is won. To intercede and encourage. To speak life into dead situations by the Spirit of God.

I am so grateful to serve a God who is a solid rock that doesn't change. Who provides us his word on which we can base our lives and on which we can build our hope and our trust. Who sees us not as we are now, but as he is molding us to be according to his good plans for us. Who sees the end from the beginning and who is for us. Fighting out battles, giving us strength to endure. And I will believe his report for our lives over every lie the devil tries to get us to hold on to. The victory has already been won, we just need to act like the victors and not the victims. For greater is he that is in me, than he that is in the world.


No comments: