Friday, November 1, 2013

You and Me, Jesus

There is this really old song made popular by Dallas Holm that is called "You and Me, Jesus." It basically talks about how when no one else is there, Jesus is still by our side. (Honestly, I don't even know why I know this song. Not my style at all.) The message is so true. When you can't depend on anyone else, Jesus is still there. 

I have lived most of my life with few friends. Not really because I don't trust anyone or because I am not friendly (or I don't think I am unfriendly). That is just the way I am wired. I am naturally an introvert (which some of you won't believe). I am totally happy to be by myself all day just doing what I want. I don't thrive on social events or have to be around people to be happy.  I have always had a ton of acquaintances and people I trust or see as family (I have been at the same church since I was 4), but never really anyone consistently close to me. (Well, besides my hubby, mom and sister, but that is a given.) Part of that is because I have not made the time or exerted the energy to cultivate close friendships. I am not saying this to make you all feel sorry for me. I like it this way and am totally okay with it.

But lately God has put some very special people in my life. People that I connect with on a deeper, spiritual level.  Who encourage me and I can encourage. Who love me and love God with me. Who see the best in others, who aren't quick to judge or get offended, but just see me for me and accept that.  Knowing that I am not perfect, but I am striving to be more Christlike each day. For the first time in a long time, I feel understood or appreciated and not like I am wrong because I am not like whoever. And it really feels good to be loved that way.  This is how it should feel to be a part of the body of Christ.

Although my salvation is not based on anything but the blood of Jesus, and I won't allow another person to shake my faith, it doesn't have to be just "you and me, Jesus" either. God intended us to do this Christian walk together.

No comments: