Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Right Direction

Sunday is quickly approaching and I am excited (and a little nervous) about what God is going to do through me as I obey him by preaching at my church. I keep hearing over and over in my spirit, "You aren't even going to recognize yourself." God spoke this very clearly to me about a month ago in relation to the new doors he is opening for me.  When I walk through these doors, it won't be my doing, but his and he has promised to go with me and lead me. If I will obey him (even when it doesn't make sense or look like I want it to) he will be faithful to show up.

Shortly after my last post, where I wrote about having the sermon all put together,  God started changing the sermon. As in, it is nothing like it was. There is one verse that applies to both, but besides that, you wouldn't even know they started in the same place if I didn't tell you they did. I guess it's just God's way of making sure I depend on him and not on myself. 

Kinda like God reduced Gideon's army from 37,000 strong men to 300 in Judges 7. God still brought the victory, just not how Gideon expected it to happen. And when he was victorious God's way, Gideon couldn't help but give God the glory.  Yeah, I feel a lot like Gideon. Stripped down to nothing. Being forced (in the best way possible) to depend only on God because I have nothing left.

Last night I had a bad dream. Not bad as in a nightmare, but more like the devil trying to discourage or distract my thoughts. In the dream I was trying to give the word God had given me to the people, but nothing flowed. I was stuttering over my words. People were getting up and leaving in the middle. It was bad. I am honestly surprised I didn't wake up in tears or discouraged. I was able to just identify it for what it is (an attempt to thwart God's plans) and move on. 

Honestly, when the devil starts fighting, it just confirms to me that I am on the right track, going the right direction, following God as he leads. The devil thinks he's so tricky, but my God is bigger than any scheme the devil tries to throw against me. 

So watch out devil, here I come!

No comments: