Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Tuesday Morning Syndrome

Sundays are great! It is nice to get a break from the norm and be able to attend church and be able to worship together with other believers. Every Sunday it seems that God meets us and touches our hearts, refreshing us and strengthening us for the week ahead.

Then Monday rolls around. For me, Mondays are okay. Yes, we all have to go back to school and work, but generally there is some remnant of God's presence from the great Sunday services.  I am still very much aware of what God spoke to me and am living in gratitude for his work in my life.

But then Tuesday hits. At this point, I am deep in the trenches for the week (and they are indeed muddy trenches for me) with homework and duties around the house and stress from work and just the many many little things that I am responsible for or dealing with that I really would rather ignore, but I can't. For me, Tuesdays are the hardest day of the week spiritually speaking. This is when the devil raises his ugly head again and tries to disrupt God's peace in my inner man by creating chaos all around me.

This morning was definitely one of those days.  Starting at about 5:30 (while I was still in bed and at least half asleep) I started dreading getting up. Not because I went to bed too late the night before and not because I knew really anything that my morning would involve, but I could just feel the spiritual attack coming on. Maybe this Tuesday was worse than others because of the awesome way God used me on this past Sunday as I shared His word in the afternoon service. (Praise God for using me!)

But regardless of how I feel or what I think today holds, there are some things I am sure of:

I am not who I think I am. I am who God says I am!
I am strong in the strength of God and will stand against the devil and his lies!
I am not the victim but the victorious through the blood of Jesus!


No comments: