Sunday, April 6, 2014

Pushed

We like to be comfortable. In a place where everything around us is familiar and we feel like we have most things under control. We are in a ready stance for the routine of the day. We like to know what is expected of us and how to meet everyone's expectations of us.

And then we get pushed. 

And we don't like it. We resist it. We fight it.

Like this morning when we woke up to find no electricity in our home. I am just glad we are not high maintenance people.

Or like Gideon in Judges 7. (Yes, him again!) He was pushed by God to reduce his resources and then go into battle against the enemy.

We forget God is in control, even then. I would be naive to think every push in our lives was caused by God. But I do know that no matter how frazzled we get by the unexpected or uncomfortable, God isn't phased one bit.

And being pushed is not a bad thing. God can use it to remind us to trust in him and not our own strength or circumstances. 

And God is stretching us. Molding us to be exactly what he created us for. Forcing us to grow closer to him. To cling more tightly to his side. To develop our character and become more like him.

So, God, as much as I resist your pushing and pulling, please don't stop. I need a little push to remind me you are God and I am not. To force me into your will for me. Where it may be uncomfortable for a season but I will find your presence and leading like never before.

1 comment:

Neal said...

Well said, Sandra...well said.