Friday, June 19, 2015

Life

It's been a while since I've blogged. This last month has just been crazy including end of school awards, a business trip to San Antonio and now the Big Kids are at camp.  I thought I'd get time to blog last week while I was out of town, but that was obviously not the case.

Let's start with baby news. Yesterday I had my third (and hopefully final) sonogram for Julia. There will only be another sonogram if there is a reason to have one.
The first two (to the left) are Julia at 29 weeks and the last two are Seth at 38 weeks.I think the faces look kinda similar, but it's hard to tell since they are 9 weeks apart. Julia has a little bit of hair/fuzz where as Seth had a little dark hair when he was born that has since been replaced with blonde. As far as size goes, the technician said she was measuring a week bigger than expected, but suspected a recent growth spurt. She estimated Julia is already 3.5 pounds or so and noted her long legs. I expect we will have a normal size baby (as opposed to Seth who was so small. He still can wear 18 month pants if they are long enough and he is 2.5). Of course, all of that is a guess and we really won't know until she gets here. I have bought 2 outfits (both 0-3 months) and don't plan on buying any newborn or premie clothes unless the doctors starts seeing her lag behind in size and turn into a small baby like Seth. My sister gave me a bunch of little girl clothes, which include probably enough newborn to get by if needed.

Each pregnancy is so different. I feel like my skin is so tight around my belly and there is no room for her to grow, but I know she still has 11 weeks and will get bigger. Just not sure how she will fit. :) Tuesday I have a doctor's appointment where Dr. W will talk about the sonogram and do the normal measuring, listen to the heartbeat stuff before we go to appointments every 2 weeks after that. I feel like the end of August will be here before we know it. And I am so not ready. She would be fine, I just feel like I have a lot of planning to do at work to get things to a good place before I can be off for maternity leave. And then I remember I do still have probably at least 10 weeks which is 2 whole months. I just wish I didn't have so many projects on hold. One day at a time, cleaning out my office and email inbox so I can be gone and getting things done before then.

It'll all work out. It always does.

Regarding just general baby preparation, I got down Seth's carseat, cleaned it up and put the new girlie cover on it, so we are ready to go with that.

I plan to buy her diaper bag today. I have registered for some things at Babies R Us (just online) but need to get that finished up. A lot of big things I already have from Seth.

The big kids are at church camp for the first time. Daniel acted like he didn't want to go, which is normal for him, but I was told that he was really excited once he got there. This morning I got a text message from Katelynn that said "I love you, mommy." Such a sweet girl! They'll be home tomorrow and I'm excited to hear about their time at camp. My kids are just made for camp. They are so social and in general not scared to do anything new, so I'm sure they'll really enjoy it. I'm praying for God to do something special in each of them during this time.

Seth has been an only child since Wednesday afternoon. The kids were worried he would be a handful by himself since they play with him so much and wouldn't be here. I told them he's only wild when they are here and it'd be fine. He slept 12 hours last night and I got to sleep in until 8. It was so nice.

Today we are off to do some shopping and then just hang out mostly. Should be a nice relaxing day.

Tonight BJ and I are watching American Sniper via Redbox. My sister and her family are coming in town tomorrow for my mom's birthday, so we'll be having dinner with them after the kids get back from camp. Then we have one week of "normal" and we are off toward Houston for vacation.

I plan to blog again next week after my doctor's appointment and then maybe some while on vacation.

The fall is setting up to be pretty busy for our family of 7. Daniel will be playing football for the first time. Haley will be learning to play the clarinet in the school band. Katelynn will be the only Fowler in the elementary school and learning to find her place without being "Haley's sister" or "Daniel's sister."  There will definitely be some growing up going on with the big kids (who Seth calls "the kids") I will be at home with the Littles after Julia is born for a while. I'm actually excited to see how everything pans out and how the Bigs adapt and mature! It will be a fun time at our house!

No comments: