Monday, June 1, 2015

Multiplication

Unless you are a math person, like I am, the title of this blogpost has already diverted your attention elsewhere. To save face, this is not about math or anything of the sort.

This weekend God started to let me see how things multiply in his kingdom. Maybe remind me is a better word choice. I think sometimes, we are too self focused to see what God is doing from a big picture perspective.

Last week, I obeyed God and prayed for some individuals. Obedience is a hard thing to learn, so it feels good to know that I obeyed God and it is getting easier all the time.  All glory to God! I believe that when I pray for people, God does something. I may not always know what that is, but I know that when God is moving, there is a purpose. He chooses to use me (and you if you'll let him) to pray for others, to encourage them, to touch them, to spur them on toward spiritual growth and move them closer to God himself. And that change in them multiplies to others.

This Sunday, each of the people that God used me to minister to were ministering to others. And I am just foolish enough to believe that those people will minister to others and the power of God will continue to multiply in each of those lives that he is touching. And we will all continue, by the grace of God, to obey when He speaks, and to feed into each other what God has given us. Not because of us, but because of him.

And the church body (as a whole and not just my church) will grow both in numbers and depth.

For he who called you is faithful and will do it. I Thessalonians 5:24

No comments: