Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Songs for the Kiddos

When Seth was little, I wrote him a little song and would sing it to him to make him happy when he was fussy or getting his diaper changed or whatever. Haley asked me to write her a song about the same time and I just never got around to it.

Well since Julia was born I have also written her a song. None of these are anything big really, but just something catchy and easy to remember.

So I've felt kinda bad because I haven't written little songs for the big kids. Honestly, when are you with your 12 year old trying to entertain her and keep her from crying? Never. So the songs for them have not really been necessary.

This week, Seth, who had no idea I had not made up songs for the big kids, asked me to sing Haley, Daniel, and Katelynn's songs. So I obliged and made up songs for them on the fly. Just for the sake of documenting, here are the lyrics for the kids songs.

Haley
H is for the way you help me
A is for the awesome women you'll be
L for oh so lovely
E for extra extra funny
Y, yes you're the girl for me.

Daniel
Daniel, Daniel he's our man. If he can't do it no one can. 
He's so strong, he's so smart, he really is a work of art.
Daniel, Daniel he's our man. If he can't do it no one can.

Katelynn
K A T, that spells kat
L Y (why) because she loves me
N N she's my friend. Katelynn is my friend.

Seth
S is for super boy
E is for extraordinary
T is for talks to me
H is for happy happy
Seth, Seth S E T H Seth.
I love my boy and he loves me. S E T H Seth

Julia
Julia Julia she's my girl
Julia Julia loves to twirl
Julia Julia she's so fun
Julia you're the one.

No comments: