Friday, April 28, 2017

13 Years

Monday, May 1st is our wedding anniversary. 13 years. This weekend we are celebrating with a movie night tonight (we like to Redbox it) and date day tomorrow including going to the shooting range, lunch at Papadeauxs, and pedicures. Bj planned the day and told me what we are doing which I am totally okay with. At this point in our relationship, I really don't care what we do to celebrate and would much rather he make decisions and I can just be there to participate. He knows me pretty well (we've been together for more than half of my life) and does great picking things we both enjoy.


If someone would have told me all the adventures we would go through in the past years, I probably wouldn't have believed them. See, he is not the same person I married and I'm not the same person he married. And that's a good thing.
  

I strongly believe that love is a choice, not a warm fuzzy feeling that is based on circumstances. When you get married you have no idea how your relationship will change and grow. How you will each separately and together become who God wants you to be. And that's why you have to choose to love them always. Choose to keep falling in love over and  over again. Choose to hold on tighter to each other when you face bumps on the road and not let go when things change. Because they will change.

 
I am convinced that God gave me Bj to do life with. To help me through the changes and seasons of life, and I him. We are a team, working together to accomplish God's purpose for each of us and together as a family. And as with any good partnership, we are so much better together than each of us alone.












Babe, I'm thankful for you. For the way you support me and love me. For the qualities you bring out in me and balance you bring to my life. For your leadership and friendship. For being an awesome dad for our kids and parenting partner. For all that you do and all that you are. I choose to love you and cherish you today and always!

No comments: