Sunday, September 10, 2017

Full Class

Let me start by saying my heart is happy and it has nothing to do with me and everything to do with God.

Bj and I have been teaching the college career Sunday School class for something like 7 or 8 years. I originally took this class as a total act of obedience to God, a step of faith that was a very big risk personally. Something I didn't really want to do because I knew it would be difficult.

Right after high school is the time in your life where you decide (for yourself and not just to please your parents) if you will really serve God or not. And honestly, this is the time where we lose a lot of people raised in church who decide to do their own thing.

So knowing the importance of teaching Gods word and connecting with this specific group of people, I've prayed for them a lot and honestly not seen much for results. Our class size has fluctuated a lot, depending on if that particular group of kids were ready to go all in for God or wanted to go make their own way. But right now, I feel like the group we have is all in. The class has been great the last few weeks (I had 4 promote up in August). I feel like they are catching the vision for the future of the church and are willing to do what it takes.

Honestly, I believe this is the group that will usher in the growth God wants to bring. That doesn't mean the rest of us don't have a part (goodness, we all have to work together) but the church as a whole has got to stop losing kids when they leave home and start investing in them so they can be the young families of the future. We have to provide every opportunity for them to know they are important but more than that, to have a real encounter with God that will change them and affirm for them that serving God is worth it and He has a plan for them, bigger than their wildest dreams.

All that to say, my class is full and I feel like I'm finally getting a peek at part of the harvest of those years of prayer and tears. God is so faithful and I'm honored to be a part of what God is going to do next!

No comments: