Monday, September 11, 2017

Not Disappointed

And HOPE does not disappoint us because God has poured out his love into our hearts.  Romans 5:5

Ever wanted something so badly only to be disappointed when t didn't appear as you thought it would? For me, this has often led to choosing not to hope. Not to strive for something that isn't attainable. Not to keep putting myself out there with the fear of failure and disappointment staring me in the face.

But God is changing me. In the past 6 months I have had more opportunity to obey God at the risk of looking foolish than probably ever before in my life. I've been contacting people God has laid on my heart, sharing things he's showed me with people as he's led and just opened myself up. I don't know if that makes more real or maybe just more aware of people around me and not so self centered. Maybe just seeing things through God's eyes more.

And I have seen no results really from any of that. But this time, I don't feel "weary in well doing" or discouraged. I think my focused has changed. I feel like I'm a part of something bigger and not so focused on immediate or short term goals. I still have hope because my hope is not in visible results but in the love God has for me and those he has allowed me to minister to. Because of his love, he will keep pursuing those who need him, he will keep speaking to them, and drawing them to himself. Sometimes he'll use me, sometimes others, but he will accomplish his purpose.

And He will not disappoint so I won't be disappointed.

No comments: