Saturday, December 30, 2017

The Best is Yet to Come

A new year can mean a lot of things to a lot of people.

For some, it is sorrow that this great year has to come to an end. A longing for time to freeze and for this moment to remain. A fear that the upcoming year can't possibly compare to what you've just experienced.

For others it's a relief. A fresh start. A longing to forget the struggles, the sorrow, the stress of the previous year and move forward. To get out of the current whole and move forward.

But the one thing I keep hearing in my soul is the best is yet to come. And that is certainly true when you serve God.

That doesn't mean there will be no sorrow or struggle in the upcoming year, but that even in those struggles, if you seek Him, He will be ever present. You will be nearer to His heart than before.

The best is yet to come.

It does mean you can look forward in hope, joyful expectation of seeing God come through again. Expectation of being led by his spirit. Just waiting to see how God will show himself strong in your every day.

So I look forward to a new year, knowing it will hold both joys and sorrows, tests and triumphs. Because I know whose I am and who holds my tomorrow and he exceeds my expectations.

No comments: