Saturday, June 2, 2018

Practical Faith

The past couple of weeks have been a little different for me. God has showed me some of his plans for me (not the details, cause that would be way too simple). So I've been praying for guidance and He has provided.

I've been asking God for next steps and he's basically given me a "to-do list." Just a few things at a time to do and as I obey him, he gives me a few more. I have 2 things on my list right now.

Although it almost seems too simple, I'm starting to think that's how it's supposed to be. Sometimes we overcomplicate things. Our faith is so theological and idealistic sometimes that it requires almost perfect circumstances to feel successful or good about. I don't know, just thinking out loud. Kinda like Jesus told us to become like little children. Here it and do it. And the more we hear and do the more he can ask us to do. It's baby steps to the big stuff.

Now, I'm not at all saying that any of the things God is asking me to even makes sense in line with what I know is the bigger plan, but if I just hear and obey, hear and obey, the pieces of the puzzle will fit together eventually. And in the process I'll become better at obeying and it'll become easier to trust God with the big stuff.

So I challenge you: Ask God for a to-do list and see what he'll do. But you have to listen for directions, and be willing to obey when he speaks.

No comments: