Sunday, November 15, 2015

Significance

From my vantage point at the piano, I have a different perspective than most during praise and worship.

Today I watched my friend struggling with her nieces during worship. See, she has recently taken in these girls and they haven't really been in church much of their lives. I was brought to tears as I thought about the opportunity they now have to choose God and learn to love and serve him all because she was willing to give up ease and comfort and inconvenience herself to care for these girls. She is making such a difference for these little lives.

And God reminded me that my situation is no different than hers. Sure, before we became a family of 5 I was aware of the eternal impact we were choosing to make for these three souls, but since then, I've gotten a little lost in the weeds.

In both cases, these kids were unchurched. If they had stayed in their previous situations, they may never have known the love of God. His grace and mercy. Or the love of a parent who will selflessly give up so much to help them and provide for them.

It'd hard sometimes to remember there is more than mounds of homework every day. More than the constant refereeing and teaching appropriate behavior.  Not that teaching kids to serve God is difficult for us since we don't know any other way, but its easy to get lost in the details and forget the big picture. The significance of our obedience.

Thank you, God, for allowing us to make a difference. For entrusting us with something that is significant for your kingdom.

No comments: