Thursday, November 12, 2015

Hope

I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened that you may know the hope of his calling... Ephesians 1:17

Hope is such an important thing. Without hope, there is no motivation. No reason to continue. No anticipation of the future.

There are times when the very thing God has called you to, promised you, seem so far away and the possibility of reaching it, of seeing the fulfillment seems almost too small to mention.

Nonetheless, if God called you to it, there is hope.

The devil likes to toy with our perception. See he can't change God plan but he can change how we see it or feel about if, so that is where he focuses his attention. On our perception. If he can get us to feel hopeless instead of hopeful, we will stop pursuing. Stop pressing on. And he will have won, if even for the smallest moment.

I have days where I have to remind myself that what I feel is not reality. That God has such a beautiful ending on the other side of this test. This mountain. And if I give up now, I may never get to see it.

So today I will keep going. Not giving up now. Because I know he who promised is faithful and there is hope even in this dark valley.

No comments: