Thursday, November 5, 2015

2 Month Checkup


My sweet girl is growing like a weed. She had her 2 month appointment on Monday this week. She weighs 11lb 13oz and is 23.25 inches long. In the past month she has started smiling a lot. She has a fussy time each evening, but besides that, she's a really good baby. It's funny how all the little details don't mean as much with your second baby. 

This month I went back to work and she took to a bottle like a champ. I am breastfeeding at home and she gets breastmilk in a bottle while I am at work. When you exclusively breastfeed, you really don't know how much in ounces she drinks until you have to pump. She eats about 4 ounces every 4 hours during the day. From everything I've read, and based on her measurements, she is eating normally for her age. She is starting to look like a chunky breastfed baby and I love it. Seth never did that, but you all know we had issues with him eating enough. He was so low key he'd rather sleep than eat. She eats every 4 hours and usually has a longer stretch of 6-7 hours at night, however, the past week or so she has woke up every 4 hours like clockwork. Maybe she is having a growth spurt, but last night she had a longer stretch again. Because I am feeding every 4 hours instead of the 3 like Seth, my schedule feels so much more relaxed. For a long time, I was feeding Seth when we got to church and then again after worship/before church was over. Because Julia eats every 4, I either feed her at home before we go to church and then again after church or when we get to church (about 9) and she goes until we are done with lunch. It is so nice not worrying about her starving to death like I did with Seth. Second time is so much more relaxed.

This month she also moved to her crib. I guess I started putting there most of the night when I went to back to work and she has been exclusively in her crib since probably the end of that first week. I can put her down when she is almost asleep and she will stay in her crib and fall asleep. Seth used to fall asleep on the couch and have to be asleep for 10 minutes before I could safely move him without waking him up. He also had quite a few more nights that he would start in the crib and then not go to sleep again in his crib after his middle of the night feeding, so he'd end up in the pack in play in our room.

She is in size 0-3 months clothes and newborn shoes. She has some cute 0-3 month shoes that I haven't been able to put on her and keep on her yet. I dress her up for church complete with bows, ruffle socks and her one pair of newborn church shoes that fit.we haven't repeated 0-3 month dresses yet, but may start doing so soon. I was able to get her in a couple of her newborn dresses twice before we had to move up a size. I really haven't spent much on clothes. Between what we got as presents and what I have on loan from my sister, she is pretty much set. I haven't been through all of her onsies yet, but she has quite a few cute long sleeve onsies, perfect for the current weather. She looks good in every color, but that's the biased mom talking.

She likes to coo and talk to us and can switch from being happy to fussy very quickly. She is a sweet girl and perfect addition to our family.

Happy 2 months, Julia!

No comments: