Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The Challenge

So Kim and I are doing this weight loss challenge thing for the next 17 weeks. In order to get in our 4-6 times per week of exercise, I've been getting up and we've been walking at 5 in the morning. If you know me, you know I am not a morning person and I love my sleep. I am definitely tired, but it's kinda nice to be up for longer than 30 minutes before I start working. The other part of the challenge that is hard for me is the no fried foods portion. I really like food that isn't fried for the most part, but Monday my boss suggested we go to Hibachi. Do you know how fabulous their fried rice is? It is wonderful. But I was good and only had steamed rice. The good news about this challenge is that I get 25 cheats, so on occasion I can get fried food or other things not allowed for the challenge. We are on day 3 and I haven't used any cheats yet. I figured if I planned for 1 per week, I should be fine and have a little wiggle room in case we go somewhere extra fabulous for lunch during the week. We are also in the middle of planning for our next unit for children's church, which starts on Sept 20th. I need to figure out all my decorations. We, me and Kim, are planning on decorating on Labor Day since we are both off. We use the High Point literature and we really like it so far. We just finished 5 lessons on Devotion and this time we are doing Attitude Check. Each unit "travels" to a certain place weekly to learn about the theme. Last time we went to Hollywood. I can't tell you where we are going, because I am keeping it from the kids and the suspense is just killing them. Maybe this weekend, while BJ is at Bops I can get some more of the decorations made and planned so we will be ready to go next weekend.

No comments: